Xanthelasma (xanthelasmapalpebrarum) is a skin condition that develops flat yellow growths on the eyelids. Xanthelasma is often seen in people with high cholesterol or other fat levels in the blood. Most people who get it are middle age or old age.
Precautions to avoid xanthelasma
- Avoid smoking and limit your alcohol consumption.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes most days of the week.
- Limit your consumption of saturated fats.
Causes for Xanthelasma
- High cholesterol can cause xanthelasma.
- Xanthelasma can be hereditary, and so if patient have a family history of skin condition he will be more likely to suffer from it.
Doctors at 4 Senses Clinic take history patiently, examine the patient thoroughly and diagnose the condition with minimal and necessary investigations. After finding out the root cause of problem, they provide accurate treatment. The doctors also counsel on how to prevent further recurrences. If you are looking at the treatment for xanthelasma palpebrarum, contact Call:6366494494