Acne is a very common condition seen in adolescents, commonly known as pimples. It is an inflammatory disease of sebaceous(oil) glands, causing disfigurement and scarring on the face, which is socially and psychologically the most important body region. It needs to be treated with topical and / or oral medications. Depending on the stage / severity it can be treated and cured.
Causes of Acne
- Excessive oil secretion by sebaceous glands.
- Blockage of oil glands opening by dead skin cells.
- Hormonal imbalances.
- Hot, humid climates.
- Increased bacterial load on the skin.
- Emotional stress and physical strain.
- Before menstruation (in female)
Acne presents in different stages ranging from
- comedones (Blackhead and white heads)– Plug of sebaceous and keratinous material lodged in the opening of a hair follicle.
- papules (Elevated skin coloured or red lesions)
- pustules (Painful pus filled lesions)
- Nodules (Hard painful raised lesions)
- Acne scars
Grading of Acne
- Grade 1 - More comedones, occasional papules
- Grade 2 - Comedones, many papules, few pustules
- Grade 3 - Many pustules, nodules and abscessess
- Grade 4 - Many abscessess and scarring
Acne lesions are most commonly seen over face, back and chest among adolescents (teenagers) and some adults.
The condition in the very beginning stage if addressed properly can be healed without any complications. If left untreated it leads to black-brown pigmentation and scars.
Treatments at 4 SENSES
Treatments for acne vary depending on the severity and grading of acne, the extent of the disease and scarring, response to previous therapy and underlying hormonal imbalances.
- Topical retinoids
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Topical antibiotics
- Intralesional Corticosteroids
- Oral antibiotics
- Oral retinoids
- Hormonal Treatments
- Chemical peeling
- Dermabrasion and microdermabrasion
- LASER Therapy
Doctors at 4 Senses Clinic take history patiently, examine the patient thoroughly and diagnose the condition with minimal and necessary investigations. After finding out the root cause of problem, they provide accurate treatment. The doctors also counsel on how to prevent further recurrences. If you are looking at treatment for acne, contact Call:6366494494