Hypertrophic scar is excessive production of fibrous tissue following any trauma or injury to the skin. Scars commonly appear after an injury to skin, which gradually reduce in size over time. But if the body has an abnormal response to the injury, it may cause the scar to become larger over time and is known as a hypertrophic scar.
A hypertrophic scar remains confined to the initial injury where as a keloid tends to extend beyond the injury.
Causes for Hypertrophic scar
- Abnormal wound healing due to several genetic factors.
- Mechanical tension in the wound area.
- If a wound gets infected, there is a higher risk of hypertrophic scar formation.
- Big wounds that are left to heal without stitches.
Symptoms of Hypertrophic scar
- Localized raised area that is flesh-colored, brown, pink, or red.
- Scar that continues to grow larger over time.
- Itchy or painful elevated lesion on the skin.
- Scar grows bigger but remains confined to original scar or wound dimention.
Treatment for Hypertrophic scar at 4 Senses
- Laser Treatment
- Surgical removal
- Radiation Treatment
- Silicone patch Treatment
At 4 Senses Clinic, Bangalore, we advise the best and the most effective treatment for hypertrophic scar, after an assessment of the lesion and individual requirements. All the treatments are done by Doctors.For Doctors Appointment Contact Call: 6366494494