A Cyst is a closed sac that is filled with fluid, pus, sebum or any other material, creating a “lump or bump” under the skin. Cyst may feel like a small, smooth swelling under the skin surface varying in size from a small pea to a large cricket ball. Cysts often occur on the face, scalp and or anywhere in the body. Usually they tend to remain of same size or gradually increase in size. A sudden increase in size of the cyst or bleeding or severe pain can be a sign of infection or malignancy and needs to be dealt immediately.
Causes for Cysts
- Due to infection - Abscess - Cyst filled with pus .
- Due to blockages of the flow of body fluids.
- Trauma can cause Cysts.
- Some of the genetic condition may cause.
- As a reaction to foreign body.
- In many cases, the cause is Unknown or Idiopathic.
Symptoms of Cysts
- A round bump or lump under the skin.
- Skin color looks like normal or red to brown color.
- Asymptomatic or Itching or pain in the lump.
Some of the Cysts which we treated without leaving a scar:
- Sebaceous Cysts
- Epidermoid cysts
- Trichilemmal cyst
- Lipomas (pseudocyst)
- Dermoid cysts
- Bartholin’s Cysts)
- Mucocoele of lip
Complications of cysts
- Rupture of cyst
- Secondary infection
- Malignant transformation
Treatment for Cysts
- Simple Excision Biopsy
- Punch Excision
- Incision & Drainage
- Minimal Incision Surgery
Doctors at 4 Senses, Bangalore will treat cysts depending on the type, its symptoms and the size. Our doctors will discuss about the condition and treatment options available with the patients. For Doctors Appointment Contact Call: 6366494494