Rosacea is a disorder that mainly affects skin on the face. It causes redness on the nose, chin, cheeks, and forehead. Gradually the redness can become more intense and the blood vessels may become visible. In some cases, rosacea appears on the chest, back, or neck.
The cause of rosacea is unknown, but it could be due to a combination of hereditary and environmental factors. Hyperreactivity of blood vessels is clearly seen which happens due to numerous trigger factors like -
- Hot drinks and spicy foods
- Sunlight or wind
- Various cosmetic products
- Extremes of temperature
- Alcoholic beverages
- Persistent redness in the central part of the face.
- Small blood vessels on nose and cheeks often swell and become visible.
- Pimples on the face that resemble acne. Small bumps sometimes contain pus. Skin may feel hot and tender.
- Burning sensation, stinging sensation, dryness and edema of face.
- Thickened skin on the face with nodular irregularities on surface.
- Dry, irritated, congested eyes and swollen eyelids.
Rosacea is treated with numerous topical anti inflammatory and antibiotic medications. In few cases immuno modulators and topical steroids are given. In Severe cases, oral medications are given.
Long standing cases with complications (Rhinophyma) are treated with LASERS, dermabrasion, radiofrequency, surgery , cryotherapy etc.
Doctors at 4 Senses Clinic take history patiently, examine the patient thoroughly and diagnose the condition with minimal and necessary investigations. After finding out the root cause of problem, they provide accurate treatment. The doctors also counsel on how to prevent further recurrences. If you are looking at treatment for rosacea, contact Call:6366494494