Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation or LASER in recent times has revolutionized the treatments in the field of Dermatology and cosmetology.
Lasers are sources of high-intensity light with the following properties:
- Monochromaticity — the radiation is of one specific wavelength
- Coherent — the light beam waves are organized
- Collimated — the light beams are strong and concentrated
Laser light can be accurately focused into small spots with very high energy.
- A qualified dermatologist (MD) should perform the procedure.
- The Physician should have knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the skin.
- The physician should have basic knowledge and training about laser physics.
- Proper hands-on training should be obtained.
- The physician should be familiar with early recognition, prevention and treatment of postlaser complications such as hyper or hypopigmentation, scarring, burns, etc.
LASERS at 4 Senses clinic, Banglore
The clinic is well equipped with the best quality, high end LASER machines which will be operated only by the experienced Doctors. This has helped us to give the best results to the patients with no complications. Few of the lasers currently operational at 4 senses and their indications are :
- QS - Nd Yag Laser - Tattoo removal, Carbon peel, melasma, freckles, skin rejuvenation, Nevus of Ota etc
- Pulse diode Laser - Hair removal
- Fractional CO2 laser - Acne scars, Post inflammatory scars, Wart removal, skin tag removal , benign tumor removal etc.
Pre operative preperation - Depending on the type of LASER and the indications the pre operative instructions vary . To mention a few
- Tanning: It is very important to ensure that the patient is not tanned. Patient should be well protected from sunlight and not tanned prior to LASER procedure.
- Systemic retinoids: It has been recommended that patients on oral retinoid therapy should not undergo laser treatment of pigmented lesions and tattoos for 6-12 months following discontinuation of the medication, as they have an increased risk of keloidal scar formation.
- Test patch: A test patch helps to determine the treatment parameter for an individual.
Post operative care
- Broad spectrum sunscreens with good UVA/UVB coverage are recommended.
- After laser treatment, the treated area appears abraded, and inflamed. Apply ice packs till burning sensation subsides, then apply a layer of antibiotic such as mupirocin and cover with gauze. Patient is instructed to clean the area with copious amount of water and apply the ointment twice daily till lesions heal which can take around 5−10 days.
- Oral antibiotics may be used, if considered essential, by the treating physician, but are not mandatory. Anti-inflammatory agents may be needed while treating large lesions. Patient should be instructed to avoid sun exposure and cosmetics on the treated area.
- Patients are instructed to apply an antibiotic ointment or petrolatum ointment for about a week after procedure. Strict sun protection is advised for darker patients. Ice packs may be used after the procedure to minimize discomfort.
We at 4 Senses have latest, high end LASER machines, which will be operated only by trained and experienced doctors. Thus we provide the best results with absolutely no side effects or complications . Contact us for further details regarding LASERS and discuss with our doctors about your requirements.For Doctors Appointment Contact Call: 6366494494